City Council Meeting - FINAL (AMENDED)

Return to the Search Page Return to the Agenda
Meeting Date: 11/07/2023  
Co-Submitter: Stacey Brechler-Knaggs From: Jerry Bills, Deputy Fire Chief

Consideration and Adoption of Resolution No. 2023-52: A resolution approving an Intergovernmental Agreement between the Summit Fire Medical District, the Highlands Fire District, the Pinewood Fire District, the Ponderosa Fire District and the City of Flagstaff on behalf of the Flagstaff Fire Department to expend grants funds and participate in regional training of emergency services personnel.
  1. Read Resolution No.2023-52 by title only
  2. City Clerk reads Resolution No. 2023-52 by title only (if approved above)
  3. Adopt Resolution No.2023-52
Executive Summary:
In August of 2023 the Council approved an Assistance to Firefighters Grant agreement for Fire Officer training for the Flagstaff Fire Department and its Greater Flagstaff Regional Partners. The Intergovernmental agreement before you allows the funds to be shared with the Summit Fire Medical District, the Highlands Fire District, the Pinewood Fire District, the Ponderosa Fire District as per the attached Spreadsheet allocating the agreed upon amount for each agency. All the District boards have approved the IGA.
Financial Impact:
The Grant covers Overtime, Backfill and materials for all the participants. Each agency is responsible for 10% of the funds expended and the grant covers the remaining 90%. The percentage of the grant was appropriated to each agency by determining the number of participants and dividing them by the total count giving a percentage. This was then carried out though out all expenses for each agency. (Exhibit A)
Policy Impact:
Connection to PBB Priorities/Objectives, Carbon Neutrality Plan & Regional Plan:
Priority Based Budget Key Community Priorities and Objectives
Provide public safety with the resources, staff, and training to respond to community needs.

Carbon Neutrality Plan
HS-2 Prepare for changing risks to public health due to climate change and increase collaborations across agencies to
improve health and climate awareness, preparedness, and resilience.

Regional Plan
Policy PF.3.1. Maintain high-quality effectiveness and efficiency in law enforcement, fire, and emergency services to the extent that is consistent with governmental operations, plans, public policies, population served, and monies available.
Has There Been Previous Council Decision on This:
Council approved the Assistance to Firefighter Grant Agreement EMW-2022-FG-05708 on August 28, 2023.
Res. 2023-52
IGA Regional AFG


Level double AA conformance,
                W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0

AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2023 Destiny Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.